Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Fuzzy Moth

So, I saw this on a window the other day (actually, a few weeks ago. I'm trying to get caught up now) and it appeared to be a fuzzy moth, or a moth with white fur just behind its head.



In real life, it was less than an inch long, but if you want a larger-than-life view (depending on your screen resolution), you can click on the picture. I would have cropped around it and just shown the bug, but it looked too much like a "bug picture", and I'm generally not a bug person.

EDIT: With help from Google, I was able to identify this as an Agreeable Tiger Moth, thanks to this page on learning to identify moths. I don't intend to turn this into a hobby, but, as the page says, it's nice to know how to identiy something. Note that I didn't read every word or look at every picture. I just read a little, and then scrolled quickly past until I saw the one I was looking for. Remember, I am not generally a bug person.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

"Agreeable?" What's so agreeable about it? Is there such a thing as a disagreeable tiger moth?